Walking Forward

Walking Forward
Walking Forward - Discoveries in Freedom and Forgiveness. Stories of events from one woman's life where God brought to light lessons about freedom and forgiveness! A cross between a journal and a devotional, Walking Forward offers the individual or a small group the possibility of asking questions and discussing themes brought up in each chapter. Click on picture above to order your copy today, or for 25% off, email author at: tmhunarden@gmail.com

The Senders

The Senders
The Senders - A compilation of stories from those who SEND Christian missionaries to the nations through prayer and finances. The Senders - Contributors answered six questions about how they became involved in Christian missions and sending others into God's harvest fields. Read their stories and be encouraged by their steps of faith as they sow prayers and finances into God's Kingdom! Click on the picture above to order your copy today!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Forgive and forget?

We've often heard it said, "Forgive and forget". Some say, "I can forgive, but I will never forget."

I think there is truth in both postures. Some things are easy to forget; others, well, I'm not sure we should forget. For safety purposes, you may not want to forget that someone is a known abuser and so you want to take care with yourself and others when around that person.

Interestingly, in my journey of forgiveness, I have re-visited a number of memories from my childhood where there was a great deal of pain and I've had to forgive. Previous to the Lord breaking in and healing those areas of pain by replacing the lies I chose to believe with His Truths, my remembering of those events brought back much of the pain or sorrow connected with the event. Now, however, after experiencing God's truth in those places, when I remember the event, there is no pain, sorrow or trauma. I have not forgotten the events or memories, but now, as a result of walking out forgiveness and allowing God to speak His Truths, I have peace in those memories.

Maybe you too need to start the journey of forgiveness. Walking Forward is a great place to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment